Saturday, August 6, 2011
Made with everyday ingredients from your pantry, these baby quiche will delight your guests!
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
3/4 cup crushed saltine or Ritz crackers
4 tablespoons butter, melted
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup chopped green onion including tops
2 additional tablespoons butter
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup grated Swiss cheese
If you want to change these up a bit you may add finely chopped ham, bacon or sausage! But, remember, they are MINI!
1. Combine cracker crumbs and melted butter.
2. Divide crumbs among mini muffin tins that have been sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray.
3. Saute onion for 10 minutes in 2 tablespoons butter. Cool, then divide evenly on top of cracker crumbs.
4. Beat eggs; add milk, salt, pepper, and Swiss cheese.
5. Spoon filling on top of onions in tins. Do not fill to top, as they will run over.
6. Bake until set, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Do not over bake! May be stored in refrigerator or freezer. Warm in oven before serving.
I made these for a brunch I was having and both Children and Adults loved them!