Friday, September 30, 2011

A Dodge Ram and a Dolphin Tale

My daughter called this evening and invited me to join them to see the movie Dolphin Tale. Sounded like fun, so I decided to go.

I went by the hospital first to see Lucy and to help her with her new cell phone. She is looking forward to coming home on Wednesday. I left and headed for the movie. I got to Zebulon Road about 20 minutes early, so I decided to go through the drive-thru at McDonalds and get a vanilla cone. This particular McDonalds has a Drive-thru that requires you to drive around the building and come in from the front. Just as I was pulling up to the screen to order, a large black Dodge Ram pulled in from the wrong direction and tried to pull in front of me. He was trying to avoid driving around the building and cut into the Drive-thru line by pulling in front of me. There really wasn't room to do that...there was a car in front of me and only about a foot of space between us.

I moved forward a little to close the gap, hoping the guy would either go around or pull in in back of me. Then, to my shock and surprise, the guy backed up and pulled forward and rammed me! OMG! I couldn't believe it! This 30 something guy actually rammed my brand new car in the McDonald's Drive-Thru! It was like something out of a television show. Then he backed up and sped away! I jumped out of the car and tried to see his tag number, but I wasn't fast enough, and besides that with my right eye still dilated, my vision is not as good as it could be. Good grief! A man in another car sped out behind him and tried to get the tag number, but couldn't catch the guy. Damage to my car was limited to the front bumper, but was still considerable. His truck has to have silver paint on the bumper!

I was in total shock and shaking like a leaf. Fortunately there were witnesses who stayed to talk with the police when they arrived. Also, McDonalds has security cameras, and this incident was in view of two of them. McDonalds has agreed to provide the tapes to the police in an effort to find out who this maniac is!

I was not injured, just shaken by what this crazy man did. But, it did make me think about what a dangerous world we live in nowadays. I mean, in a McDonalds Drive-Thru lane, it wasn't like someone was handing out money or something? What was this man thinking? It is a felony offense to hit and run! And believe me if they catch this kook, I want to see him prosecuted before he really hurts someone. I guess this is what people talk about as road rage...but, road rage in a Drive-thru? Crazy!

Anyway, after all the drama at McDonalds, I did join the girls at the movies. I am so glad I did. Dolphin Tale is a movie just everyone should see. It is inspiring, touching, funny and completely captivating. It will bring tears to your eyes, a smile to your face, and joy to your heart. Share it with someone you love. People actually clapped several times during the movie and after it was over. It is a movie for the whole family about a dolphin who is courageous and inspires others to be strong also. I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment