Friday, August 17, 2012

Back On the Healthy Trail!

Started my day with a Greek Yogurt Parfait made from 5 ounces FAGE 0% fat Greek Yogurt
4 sliced fresh strawberries (five or six blueberries add color)
1 teaspoon Truvia (or any other sugar free sweetner)
and Two Tablespoons organic granola

Wow!  Off to a good start.

Then off to the fitness center to get 30 minutes on the stationary bike set to "rolling hills"...whew...lots of sweat on that one.

After standing up and not falling down, outside to the community pool (covered my face with sunscreen and a hat) and got my 15 minutes a day of sunshine while reading a murder mystery.

Okay on the healthy checklist:
1.   Good healthy breakfast
2.   Endorphin producing/calorie reducing exercise
3.   Vitamin D Sunshine

Yep off to a great start today.  Going to have a bowl of vegetarian vegetable soup for lunch.  The weight has started to come back down after dealing with the whooping cough issues and no exercise for about six weeks.  In fact, I lost my sense of smell (nosmia) and taste!  The only thing that I could taste was SWEET...unfortunately that led to a lot of cookies and Godiva...Not healthy or weight friendly...but, that's the past and now I am on the wagon.

That is one thing you really need to remember...EVERYONE is going to fall off the wagon for a while, whether it is because of sickness, stress or just oops and temptation.  The trick is to DUST YOURSELF OFF, GET UP AND START AGAIN!  You can do it!

So, if you are working on getting back to healthy routine...start NOW.  It is never too late.
You will have more energy, feel better about youself, and probably even treat those around you better,
It doesn't matter which "diet" you choose, or whether you just reduce the amount intake of calories, it all works.  Now, it won't work if all you eat is chocolate cookies, but you KNOW what I mean!
And I don't mean you can't ever have a treat.  One day a week you NEED a treat.

I love the 17 Day Diet by Dr. Mike Moreno..it works for me.  I figure I can do anything in 17 day cycles.  It is not a difficult diet to follow and is very balanced.  Check it out, it might work for you too.  I have had success with Weight Watchers in the past, but the problem with that is I think you become dependent on the "check in" and when you no longer check in weekly things start to slip right back into the old habit.  Not good. 

Whatever you do GET SOME EXERCISE!  Walk around your house, park farther from the entrance to the grocery store and walk the distance.  You don't need fancy equipment...just MOVE!

GOD BLESS - Peace, Love and Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment