Friday, July 29, 2011

Weighing In

I got on the scales this morning. I am down 32 pounds since May 22nd and I am going to keep going for another 32 pounds!

The book that got me motivated is called THE 17 DAY DIET by Dr. Mike Moreno. Now, if you only have ten or twelve pounds to lose, you can probably do it in 17 days, but if you are like me and need to lose quite a bit more, Dr. Moreno's book will still work for you. Dr. Moreno has put in the time and seems to have the best grasp of how to not only lose a small amount of weight, but much larger amounts. His plan is broken down into four 17 day plans. The first causes a rapid initial weight loss. The second 17 days are designed to cause "metabolic confusion" which I have long felt is the answer to sustained weight loss. One day is nearly carb free the next allows a limited amount of carbs, and the body continues to burn fat at a steady, somewhat slower rate than the first day. There is no calorie counting involved, there are no special "shots" or "medications" or "supplements". Just good sound nutrition.

Two things have happened to me since I began this diet. I have, indeed, lost a considerable amount of weight ... 32 pounds in two months, and I have felt better than I have in a long time. Additionally, my skin has improved, my digestion has improved and I just generally feel that my overall health has also improved.

I am drinking more water than I used to, 64 ounces minimum per day. Yes, this does involve going to the bathroom more frequently, but the detox effect caused by the diet and the increase in water/elimination is part of the reason I am feeling and looking so much better.

I still have about 32 more pounds to lose, and I am sure it will take more than two months to finish up, but I am planning on reaching my goal by Thanksgiving. No, not so I can gobble up on potatoes and gravy! I have made a lifestyle change and I intend to stick to it for the rest of my life. I want my Golden Years to actually be golden so that I can continue to travel, paint, play with my grandchildren and generally enjoy a rich and healthy life.

Join me on this journey, and you will feel and look better too. Let me know how you do...I am interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment