My sweet hubby just LOVES pasta. Especially a good spaghetti. I make it often, and keep it simple but delicious. Here is one way to make a great spaghetti sauce in minutes!
1. Saute one large onion finely chopped with
2. One large green pepper, finely chopped until both are transparent
3. (OPTIONAL...several cloves of finely chopped garlic)
4. Add one pound of lean ground beef, ground turkey, or even a mixture of italian sausage and beef and saute until done. (Vegetarians can use "grounds" or seiten)
5. Then, and here is the easy part, add one large can of HUNTs Traditional Spaghetti Sauce and one small can petite diced tomatoes.
6 Add 1 TBSP dried oregano
7. Add 1 TBSP dried or fresh Basil
Simmer on low 10 to fifteen minutes and SERVE over your favorite spaghetti/pasta.
NOTE: If you family doesn't like leftovers, the sauce left can be added to cooked rice with a can of kidney beans for Spanish Rice...I add a little Cumin (1/2 tsp) to the sauce for this, and if your family likes it hot, add a little cayenne or chili powder! Delicious and simple way to use the leftover sauce and not have your family think it is "leftover". Served with a side salad, you can't beat it!