Monday, July 25, 2011

When Preserving Goes Wrong!

Okay, the pears are peeled and diced and all the ingredients are measured, but just as I go to add the pectin, I realize that I have picked up the WRONG kind...I need Hot preserve pectin and I have picked up the no-cook kind! OMG..mad dash to the grocery store which is only 5 minutes away. Twenty minutes later arrive home and turn the pears back on and when they come to a boil add the pectin....okay that should work, shouldn't it?

Well that was about thirty minutes ago, and things are not looking so good in pear preserve land. I am afraid they are not going to firm up! AAAAAUUUUUGGGHH! Have you ever peeled and cut up those canning pears? Not an easy job! Plus a BUNCH of sugar went in there with the pears and spices...not cheap! Now, I am praying over my preserves hoping they will firm up....pppppllllleeeeeeeaaaase!

I guess if worst comes to worst, I will start over again tomorrow....still have more pears but will need more sugar, and pectin!

The best laid plans of mice and men.....sigh!

They do TASTE fantastic however! Wonder if I could just use them for syrup? LOL
Oh well, time and tomorrow will tell. No matter how many times you have made jelly/preserves, there can come a time when it just doesn't work! If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again!

All for today folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment