Monday, August 1, 2011

I Can't Wait!

I can't wait until I can go to school, is one of the first requests we make as small children. Then it goes something like this. I can't wait until High School; I can't wait until I graduate from High School. I can't wait until I am 21. I can't wait until I find the perfect mate and get married. I can't wait until we have children.
I can't wait until the children start school! Boy, I can't wait until these kids graduate from College, then we can....and so on!

How much of your life have you spent saying just "I can't wait"? Be honest now. Your can't wait for it moments may not have been exactly the same as those above, but I'll bet at least some of them hit the mark! Then, suddenly, you find you are sixty or more, and you begin thinking about just how fast those years have gone by. You have been married how many years now? Your children are how old now? Weren't you just 21 a couple of years ago?

Okay, the point I am trying to make is...quit wishing your life away! Enjoy today for today! Don't put off doing things until later, later may not get there. I have a "bucket list" of things I would like to have done, and I am working on it every day! Take time to enjoy each day for what it has to give. Just as rain replenishes the earth, new experiences and new people replenish the individual. You want to be young at 95? Then enjoy each day, get out there and walk, but don't just walk...take time to "smell the roses" and notice the birds singing and for pete's sake smile! Smile at everyone you meet. They may or may not smile back, but then again, you are spreading joy.

Lastly, be sure to reach out and love those around you. Be like a puppy dog and be thrilled each time our loved ones walk through the door, kiss them goodbye and tell them you love them every time they leave the house. It is great to plan for the future, but enjoy TODAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment