Sunday, August 28, 2011

Live to Eat or Eat to Live?

I am continuing my journey on the 17 Day Diet with great success. I have lost a total of 40 pounds now since beginning this new lifestyle change, and am feeling terrific!
I just took a bunch of clothes to a neighbor to donate to the Mission that are now too big for me.

A big part of this transformation has been in just changing small daily habits and sticking to them. Greek yogurt and fruit have become a part of my daily ritual, as well as lots of lean protein. Oh, I still have some "good" carbs now and then, but I am much more careful about the portions and quality of those carbohydrates I do consume.

I was in the office of my lady friend's cardiologist this week when a couple came in and both signed in to see the doctor. They were probably about my age. The big and I do mean BIG difference between them us though was weight. Both the husband and wife had to be at least 150 pounds overweight. Oh my gosh, I felt so badly for them. I wondered if they each could shed that weight if they would have to be seeing a heart doctor. Can you imagine how much work it is for your heart to carry around that much extra weight?

I thought about how much better I am feeling without the 40 pounds I have lost already. I am more motivated than ever to get off another 30.

So, if you haven't already checked into The 17 Day Diet, do! It is a great way to get rid of those extra pounds and add years to your life.

Now get moving, walking, bike riding, swimming, and do it. You won't be sorry.

Let me know how you are doing.

HEALTHY RECIPE OF THE DAY

4 Tilapia fillets
2 sliced tomatoes, thin slices
1 TBSP dried basil
1 medium onion, sliced thinly
1 fresh lemon

On foil covered broiler pan, place sliced tomatoes (sprinkled with the basil), with thin slice of onion on top of each, place tilapia over onion and tomato slices and squeeze a little lemon juice on each fillet. Salt and pepper to taste.

Broil just until flaky...
Serve with tossed salad and baked potato for a light summer meal. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment