Friday, January 13, 2012

Ready To Travel Again!

The Sea is calling me again.  Have you seen that Royal Caribbean advertisement with the sea phone?  Well it dialed me up this week, and I am heading for Florida to board the Jewel of The Seas with best friend Trish! 

The past few months have been so stressful, and it is time for me to "cast my cares upon the sea" again.  I feel a peacefullness there that I have nowhere else.

Do you have a place like that?  It doesn't have to be far away.  It could be beside a babbling brook near your home, through the woods. It could be a mountaintop...I am NOT big on mountains, as I never liked high places...fear of falling!  I am kind of clumsy and falling off the side of a mountain is NOT how I want to go!

One place not far from home that I found very peaceful and restful was the Atlanta Botanical Gardens in Atlanta, Georgia.  They are absolutely beautiful with fountains, flowers and beautiful gardens around you everywhere you look.   They have an orchid show in the Spring that is absolutely unbelievable.  I will go there again this Spring to enjoy the colors and varieties.

Some people can get refreshed by taking a long walk or run.  I used to run a lot when I was younger, but that is much more difficult for me now.  I actually enjoy water aerobics to get those endorphins going.  

I love the sea though with its many moods and colors.  It is a mysterious wonder with so much going on under there that we are constantly hearing about the discovery of new and interesting creatures being found by scientists as they begin to explore its depths more fully.  Last week they were showing some funny looking octopus and crabs that were thriving at extreme depths in water temperatures that would normally COOK seafood! 

Our God is an Awesome God, and our world is amazing and full of surprises.  I love travel.  I love the sea.  If you haven't tried cruising yet, you really need to give it a try.  The "all inclusive" price which includes your food, entertainment and lodging is unbeatable, and the service is top of the line.  Trish keeps saying she can't wait to hear them say "How may I serve you?" again! LOL   And, I must admit, it is really nice to be waited on by such attentive and interesting people from all over the world.
So tonight, after this very rough week, I am going to sleep with dreams of the sea and all that it holds and "casting my cares" there next week.  I will keep you posted on the magical journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment