Thursday, April 5, 2012

Longing For Okaloosa

Woke up to a beautiful morning here in Middle Georgia today, however, the day has progressed into severe thunderstorms now and the clouds have closed in.

It is supposed to be beautiful here again tomorrow, but in spite of that my heart is still longing for Okaloosa Island.  We are still waiting for the final word on the closing for the condo at Island Echos.  I can't stop thinking about the last time we were there and the dolphins playing in the surf in front of the balcony.  I love hearing the sound of the surf relentlessly pounding at the shore.  I love the sound of the sea birds as they soar and dive as they hunt for breakfast.  My heart is in Okaloosa.

I have spoken with the Realtor and the Mortgage Broker there in the last two days and they were both sharing just how much they love living there also.  There isn't a favorite time of day there....I love them all.  The mornings, the mid day, the fabulous sunsets....this is where I am meant to be.  I also find myself excited about my artwork once I have moved to Okaloosa.  Dr. Meow and the Bad Girls Gallery is on my list.  They have classes in every kind of art project from bead making to sewing to painting...I can't wait to share time with these other artists. 

In the mean time, I am preparing to have my first garage sale here in Middle Georgia as I prepare to "downsize."  You just don't realize how much you accumulate, and I am definitely NOT at hoarder!
The house is nearly ready to put on the market and I am hoping it won't take a really long time to sell.  We can be patient, however, as we don't have to rush and we will be renting the condo during the busy season to generate extra income. 

I had forgotten how much trouble it is to get together all the information necessary for an underwriter when you are obtaining a loan.  They want everything but your first born child, and we are putting down more than half of the cost of the condo!  Good grief.  But, as of now everything seems to be on track and I am wishing away the next few weeks so that I can head for the Island and the ocean breezes.

The condo was a dream I have had for a long time, and people never let go of your dreams!  Nothing is impossible if you reach for your dreams.

God Bless - Peace Love and Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment