Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Window on The Whole World

I was born in 1947.  The world has grown much, much smaller since I was a child.  Oh, the square miles are still there, but the instant communication via e mails and skype and cell phones and computers have all changed the world, effectively shrinking the distances between us.

I have been fortunate and have done some traveling, and intend to do more before I leave this world, God willing.  The one thing I have found, in spite of the fact the media and politicians would you have you believe differently, is that people are the same Everywhere!  They all are born, marry, have children and eventually die.  They all want and need love.  They all need shelter and food and fresh air.

This morning I had a conversation with a brand new friend in mainland China.  Her name is Lilac.  She is pretty, sweet, enthusiastic and a Mommy of an eight year old son.  She is also a Christian.  That can not be easy in China.  I met her because my youngest son is a customer of hers in China.  He travels there frequently, and on his last trip introduced me to Lilac by SKYPE.  We had a wonderful chat today, and I am sure we will share many more in the future. 

After closing the conversation, I was overwhelmed by the fact that I had just been talking to someone ten thousand miles away on the other side of the world.  Like I said, the world has become a much smaller place.  I am looking forward to talking more with my new friend and sharing things about both of our countries.  I wish more people would "connect" with more people around the world and stop listening to the media and the erroneous things that are shared there more often than not.

I wish this world could experience the Peace that it should have and that people could love one another by getting to understand one another.  I really believe that the answers to the discord in the world could be readily solved by sharing openly the fact that we are all more alike than different.

God Bless!  Peace, Love and Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment