Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ten Thousand Miles

I received this picture today while talking with my new friend, Lilac, in China.  I can't even begin to pronounce the name of the city where she lives.  She has taught herself English, and communicates amazingly well.  She has asked me to help her with her "oral" English as she states it is not as good as her written English is.

I am completely awestruck with the fact that we can talk on line with people ten thousand miles away on our computers.  SKYPE has been an amazing tool for me.  I think it really helps to expand our minds and our world view when we can communicate with "real" citizens of the world and not just learn about them from the media or by reading and studying.

I am so looking forward to spending time on line with my new friend Lilac and learning more about her and her Country.  I want to share about my life here in the United States with her too.  We are already friends, and I hope to visit China and meet her someday in the not too distant future.  She seems to be a very special person.

Believe it or not, people all over the world are very much alike in many ways.  Our "differences" should not separate us, but instead should bring us together in an effort to share and understand each other.  I find that in China younger people show their elders so much more respect that here in the United States.  I think that it is a shame that people here don't value the wisdom and knowledge of older people.  I am hoping to learn a lot from Lilac, and I am hoping in return that she may also learn from me.

I will be sharing more about this journey in future blogs and I hope you will join me in my travels on line and in reality.

God Bless - Peace, Love and Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment