Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Person's A Person, No Matter How Small!

Last night I had the opportunity to watch a very talented group of young people put on a musical at the Macon Little Theater.  It was absolutely Marvelous!  Seussical the Musical is a great little story, but what was completely amazing was that these kids along with two talented adults, Mrs. Voss and Mrs. Hanie, put this together in just ten days of two hour rehearsals!  It was funny and entertaining.  The voices of some of these kids would knock your socks off! 

The musical itself was wonderful, but I also hope that some of the kids as well as the adults listening heard the message of that musical.  Actually a couple of messages.  "A person's a person no matter how small" is repeated numerous times by Horton the Elephant as well as others.  Sometimes we forget that in this world.  We have gotten so self involved and self serving that we forget about all the "little people" out there.  Those people who are less fortunate in so many ways.  We as Americans have been blessed for a very long time in this country.  There are some tough times out there now, an we need to start looking out for the common good instead of what just serves each of us right now!  I don't know about you, but the fact that there are CHILDREN  in this country who are going hungry every day bothers me!  The fact that there are over 300 homeless children in just one local county alone bothers me!  No, I don't believe in handouts to adults who will NOT WORK, but I don't believe in letting little children go hungry either.  We have got to find a way in this country to look out for those to small to look out for themselves.  Sometimes I feel like there is more emphasis put on suffering dogs and cats than suffering children.  Again, I love dogs and cats, and they are "little people" in their own way, but people we need to come together and find a solution for caring for the feeding and education of the children in our Country NOW!

The musical last night showed me what a bunch of kids can do with a little time and attention.  Those kids last night knocked my socks off!  The only sad thing is...I know how much it cost for those kids to attend that "acting camp."  How many other talented and gifted children are out there who could never dream of doing that and what can we do to change that?  C'mon people, children ARE the future.  Things in this Country and this World will never get better if we don't ALL work together to make it happen.  I have watched this country become ever more and more divided over the last twenty years by crooked politicians.  We need to get rid of the two party system, and find a better way to elect our Congressmen, Senators and Presidents.  We need to get rid of excessive benefits for the rich Congressmen, Senators and Presidents and focus on putting more effort back into EDUCATING and growing our future!  Instead of being split down the middle all the time we need to be working at a common cause of improving instead of destroying this Country. 

Okay, I'm gonna get off my soapbox now.  Again, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the play last night.  If you are in the Macon area, you need to buy a $10 ticket and go see it.  They will be doing it again today at 2:30 and 7 PM.  Then One more performance tomorrow at 2:30.  SEE IT...HEAR IT, it will touch your heart and soul, I promise you. 

GOD BLESS - Peace, Love and Joy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment