Friday, June 27, 2014

Summer In Utah

I have certainly had one of the busiest Spring seasons ever!  Beginning with a trip to Florida to sell the Condo in Destin (sigh...yes, had to go since Utah is about 2,000 miles away and I couldn't find a reliable manager). I listed the condo on a Friday, flew down on Saturday had a cash offer on Wednesday and flew back the following Saturday! That certainly was a whirlwind trip.

I will miss this view, but plan to make a yearly trip down to enjoy the beach...probably in October when it is still warm and most of the tourists have left.

Just before I left for Florida, I had made an offer on a lovely three bedroom Townhome in Ogden.  As soon as I returned from selling the condo, we closed on the town home and closed on it shortly after.

But, before we could move, we made a lovely trip to Italy (see previous posts) with my son Charles.  It was fantastic.  So we were out of town from April 9-about the 16th.  We moved into the new town home on April 26th!  We are located at the mouth of Ogden Canyon with a beautiful view of the mountains, and we are within 15 minutes of great skiing and snowshoeing.  In the summer there are great activities all over Ogden and Snowbasin, so it is a great place to live.


I love sitting on the porch and looking at the mountains..The weather here is amazing and we are right next door to the Ogden Botanical Gardens and the River Walk.

The Ogden River is a lovely crystal river running over rocks and full of trout!

I am going to have to learn to fly fish soon.

The house is perfect for us with a huge master bedroom (which I kept beach themed)  a room for the girlies to spend the night, and a room for Kevin's Man Cave!

I have just enough room to plant some lovely flowers and plants out front and a nice patio out back where we can grill out with family.

After moving in the end of April, I took a flight back to Macon, Georgia to watch my Grandson Eric graduate from high school.  It is hard to believe 18 years have passed since he was born and we moved to Macon.  Time certainly does fly.  I spent five days in Macon before flying home on May 20th.

On May 28th, Melanie, Aaron and the girls and Kevin and I loaded up our cars and headed for Seattle, where we would depart for an Alaskan Cruise on the Rhapsody of the Seas.  What a lovely and exciting time we had!

We spent one night in Seattle after returning from Alaska before heading home to Utah.

I have finally been home for longer than a week now, and am enjoying my new home here.  I plan to take up painting again (mountains and trees now rather than seascapes) and connecting with people in the community.

Summer means lots and lots of fresh veggies here in Utah and RASPBERRIES galore!  Stay tuned for some great recipes.

PEACE, LOVE & JOY

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment