Thursday, September 10, 2015

Reviewing "A Walk In The Woods"


The lovely picture at the right is NOT on the Appalachian Trail, but here in Utah.  I have done some hiking since we have been out here, and believe me it has been quite an adventure, but nothing like hiking nearly 2,000 miles on the Appalachian Trail!


Went with hubby tonight to see the movie "A Walk In The Woods" starring Robert Redford and Nick Nolte filmed along the Appalachian Trail.  It was very funny! We got a kick out of seeing Amicalola Falls in the movie, as we have actually spent time there. The Lodge there is lovely as are the Falls.  The picture below is of those lovely Falls.

It was the perfect time for me to see this movie, as I have been a bit melancholy this past month.  First there was an abnormal ECG and Holter Monitor (turned out to be nothing serious, just premature ventricular contractions) but brought home the reality that I am no Spring Chicken any more!  Then there was a Gout attack secondary to the stress about the Cardiac thing...geesh.  Then, to top it all off, I went to the eye doctor for new glasses and he put me on glaucoma drops!  Wow! That was just a bit much for one month!

So, the movie tonight was quite appropriate.  It was about two old guys getting together and walking the Appalachian Trail.  Now, that is no small feat!  Their adventures were both poignant and hysterical.  They shared details of their lives.  They shared their fears and their joys.

I don't know how well this movie will play with the "younger" set, but for us who are 50 plus it is definitely a winner. This movie is good for a bunch of good laughs, but it is also a reminder that we need to live each day to the fullest!

For me, well it reminded me that I still have some things I want to do/complete before my time here is up.  I also want to remember every day just how much my family means to me.

So, to sum it all up, this one is a TEN in my book!


PEACE, LOVE & JOY

No comments:

Post a Comment