Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cooking Up A New Opportunity

I am a grandma of seven, and great grandma of two. A fact which is a bit daunting at times. I can't believe that I have lived that many years! But, I wouldn't trade my grandma status for anything!

This morning I got a telephone call from Grandparents.com about a new TV Cooking show which will feature Mo Rocca. They are considering me as a guest on this show.

So, my blogging followers, I am hoping you will soon see me on the small screen. It should be a hoot! Nothing is for sure yet, but at least I know it is a possibility.

So, here's the recipe of the day!

For all those "colds" your kids are gonna pick up now that they are back in school.
Believe me this soup will make you a believer, it can chase away a cold faster than any cold remedy you can buy! And kids love it!!

CARROT SOUP

2 pounds carrots cut in 1/2 pieces(I prefer organic, which tend to be sweeter) Bunny Love, for example
1 Large onion, finely chopped
8 or MORE cloves of finely minced Garlic - this is a key ingredient!
1/4 Cup Butter (optional but makes a more decadent soup)
1 - 1 1/2 cups milk, half n half or cream (you can use soy or Almond Milk also)
1 quart chicken stock, or enough to cover the carrots in your pan

Combine carrots, chicken broth, onion and garlic in large saucepan and cook until TENDER.

Puree carrot mixture and return to saucepan with broth.

Add Butter and milk, salt and pepper to taste and heat just to boil.

Remove from heat.

This actually makes a great appetizer also. To dress it up you may add a dollop of sour cream and a chive sprig.


Hope you try this...it is quick, easy and delicious and HEALTHY!







No comments:

Post a Comment