Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Little Bird and a Great Man

That tiny fluffy looking gray ball in the corner of my back door awning, is a little bird curled up to sleep there for the night. It is the second night in a row he has been there. I don't think I have ever seen a bird sleep in a place like that before, and I can't quite figure out why he has chosen that spot. It doesn't seem to disturb him when we open the door to let the dog out or just to peek at him. There are many trees around, but perhaps he feels more protected there in the little corner.

It is amazing to watch God's little creatures every day. They will always delight and surprise you.

Tonight as I contemplate the awesomeness of our great God, my heart reaches out to my neighbor whose husband passed away just hours ago. They are wonderful Christian people, and Roy will be missed by many. A talented musician, teacher and Father Roy has endured the ravages of Parkinson's Disease for many years now. His family has watched this disease take away more and more of him with each passing day. Tonight he is finally at peace at home with the God he has served his entire life. I pray for comfort and peace for his family who will miss him greatly.

We never are promised tomorrow, or even another minute. We so often take for granted our health, and forget about our "fearfully made" bodies and how complex they really are. Never forget to hold close your loved ones and friends and tell them frequently how much you love them. Never forget to take care of this precious body we have been given, and enjoy the blessing of every healthy day you have.

Look outside tomorrow and enjoy the changing colors of Fall and listen to the singing birds and praise the One who provided all of this for us.

Goodnight and God Bless....

1 comment:

  1. I have a little bird who does that, too!! So sweet.

    I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete