Tuesday, November 1, 2011

GET REAL!!

Aaahhhh, the Atlanta skyline at night, isn't it beautiful?

But what's up with the "Real Housewives of Atlanta" thing? There is NOTHING real or housewife about any of those women. C'mon gals, how many of you housewives run around in Manolo's in a slinky sheath dress strutting $200 hairdos and dripping with jewelry?

Get Real! I don't know who is watching these crazy "Real Housewife" shows, but I wouldn't waste my time. I think they should have a show about REAL housewives and what is actually involved in juggling household chores, children, cooking and just being a real wife. These shows are an injustice to every real housewife in America.

Is the appeal that you housewives out there would want to be like these crazies? I don't really believe that. I believe that real housewives actually enjoy taking care of their families, laughing at the funny things their little children say, going to soccer games and making cookies when they have time.

I had to work a lot as my children were growing up, but those times I enjoyed most were the times when I actually got to be a "housewife" and take care of my home and children. Oh, I am not saying it is wrong to have a career if that is what you want or need, but I am saying there is a place for the real housewife in today's society.
I am saying I am SICK of real housewives being portrayed as hair pulling screaming meemees who walk around in 6" high heels! Come on television producers, it is time to GET REAL!

Here's a Real Recipe for you!!!

SALSA CHICKEN STIR-FRY

(I had a great picture of this dish, but my camera won't cooperate this morning!)

Stir Fry is a great way to utilize small amounts of meat to stretch the budget, and shrink the calorie counts!

You can use up extra items in your fridge, since you can use other kinds of veggies if you want. Usually served over pasta or rice.

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1/2 onion thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup salsa
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken, stirring frequently, until it is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Remove the chicken from the pan. In the same pan, cook the onion, garlic, pepper and broccoli until crisp-tender. Return the chicken to the pan. Add the salsa and stir to coat. Cook for 1 o2 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and red pepper if you like.

Serve immediately.

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

CALORIES PER SERVING 167, 28 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fat, 66 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 2 g fiber.

EAT UP AND SLIM DOWN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment