Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What Season Is It?

Well, it had been cold and I thought it was fall until today.  The temperature was actually 82 degrees here today...just two degrees short of a record high!

But, the severe thunderstorms have come in now, and the temperature is supposed to resume a more nearly normal 60's in the day 30's to 40's at night.  I actually enjoy those lovely Fall temperatures.
We had to turn on the air conditioning today!

I read a great book on Sunday...Remember Me by Mary Higgins Clark.  It was one of her best I believe, and I enjoyed having time to myself (sitting in a comfy chair at Barnes & Noble) to read it.
It grabbed my attention from the very first paragraph, and I couldn't put it down until I finished it. A woman who has a young baby is suffering from PTSD after losing her first child in an accident which she felt she feels she could have prevented.  She is a tormented soul, and someone is helping to feed that torment...it is a great read!  So many hours later after a cup of spicy Pumpkin Latte Coffee and a nice piece of Quiche for lunch.  I strolled down the street to Bonefish Grill and had a serving of Ahi Tuna and a Maryland Style Crab cake.  I was not disappointed with either!  Yummy.  All in all, thanks to my sweet hubby sitting in for me, I had a very relaxing and revitalizing day.


Since I have become a full time caregiver, my time to read or do anything else for myself has become very limited.  I am hoping this will improve in the near future, as we have contracted with Hospice as of this week.  They have sent out a Nurse, Social Worker, Chaplain, and will be sending out Home Health Aides and Volunteers to help me out.  Wow, I am not sure I will know how to act.  The Social Worker also told me that Macon DOES indeed have a Senior program where Lucy can go and socialize, play games or something and have lunch sometimes.  That would also be good for both of us.  I am not sure she will agree at first, but at this point it is a matter of preserving the "caregiver's" sanity.

Tomorrow my hubby and I have our yearly physicals.  I schedule them both on the same day so we can just get them out of the way.  It is quite important when you are over 50 to get a yearly physical.  It seems that things just change so much once you hit that magic number.  So, if you haven't scheduled yours, get with it!  It could save your life.

Here is a wonderful "Cooking Light" Recipe for you to enjoy.
Here's to your Health!


CHICKEN STROGANOFF WITH BROCCOLI

2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and cut up into bite sized pieces.
1 container (16 ounces) fat free Sour Cream (or Fat Free Greek Yogurt)
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) fat free cream of chicken soup
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
2 heads broccoli, cut into small florets

IN a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the chicken, sour cream, soup, mushrooms, salt, pepper and parsley.
SIMMER for about 20 minutes or until the sauce thins out.  Steam the broccoli for about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.  Serve the chicken over the broccoli.

Makes 4 Servings
Calories 320 per serving
If you wish this may be served over rice, but be cautious how MUCH rice in order to control your caloric intake!  It's delicious and so good for you!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment