Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Wish Your Heart Makes

I always loved the song, "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes."  I have always been a person who believes you should reach for your dreams and never let anyone or anything discourage you.

I still believe that you can achieve what you believe.  However, everything takes EFFORT and work.  Good things usually don't just fall into our lap.  Do you remember the dreams you had as a child?  Were they mostly happy?  Do you remember the nightmares too?  Which were more frequent?

Just for giggles I went to a web site http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/e.htm about interpreting dreams.  It is kind of a "dream dictionary" if you will.  It did turn out to be just for giggles though.  The "definitions" given for some of the dream interpretations were funny if not bizarre.  I don't think that there is anyone who can accurately interpret the dreams of another.  I do believe, however, that we can examine our own dreams sometimes and see what is the desire of our heart. 

Does your heart have a wish?  Is there a job you would love to be doing?  Is there a place you would like to live?  Would you like to travel?  Do you want to learn a new language or a new skill?  Do you want to fall in love?  Do you want your marriage or relationship to be more fulfilling?  Do you dream of these things? 

If so, it is time to ACT on the wishes of your heart.  Never let anyone tell you that fulfilling your "dreams" whatever they are is impossible. 

I had parents who never, and I do mean never, encouraged me to reach for my dreams.  In fact they discouraged any effort I made to succeed in fulfilling my dreams.  I have often wondered why they were like that.  Perhaps it was because they had never fulfilled any dreams of their own. 

I am a risk taker.  I will try any new task and put forth any amount of effort necessary to succeed at completing it.  It doesn't mean I have never failed.  I have.  But, I have also succeeded at many things I had been told were impossible for me to obtain.  I will continue to reach and stretch for my dreams until I cross over to meet my Maker.  I actually think He expects that of me.

I believe that not only should YOU reach for your dreams, but you should encourage your children to do so as well.  Junior wants to play professional sports, and has some talent?  Encourage him to go for it!  He may not become Michael Jordan or Peyton Manning, but he may do well enough in sports to get a scholarship to college and just the fulfillment and joy of PLAYING may satisfy that dream in his heart.  One thing I am sure of is that many many children fail to succeed in life because their dreams are squelched by adults.  In some cases this is well-intentioned but misguided.  Let them dream and teach them to reach out for more, and you just might be surprised how much they will accomplish.

As for yourself, you are NEVER too old to dream.  You are NEVER too old to begin learning something new.  You are NEVER to old to succeed.  Just keep dreaming.  God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment