Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pray and Pray Now - National Day of Prayer

I looked a many pictures of praying hands before I chose these.  These look like the sincere, folded hands of an average person, not something drawn for beauty, but a picture of sincerity.

On this, May 3, 2012, the National Day of Prayer in the United States I pray for a change in the world.  I pray for Peace.  I pray for understanding.  I pray for less judgement of others and more forgiveness and understanding. 

In many ways, no matter whether you are a Christian or a Jew or a Muslim or a Buddist, we are all citizens of the same world, with the same basic needs.  Regardless of what you believe about creation and the Creator, nearly everyone knows there is definitely something greater than we as humans.  We are like tiny grains of sand in the universe.  None of us matters more than the other.  Oh yes, some have more money, some have more power and some just have an over-inflated opinion of self. 

Today, as I pray to the Lord on this Day of Prayer, I am thankful that I live in a Country in which I am allowed to worship as I please without fear of persecution.  I am thankful that I have been allowed to raise my children and now my grandchildren in a country where they will also be allowed to choose how they wish to worship. 

I pray that the Christians in this Country would have the same enthusiasm and urgency that I see in my friend Lilac who lives in China.  Lilac doesn't go anywhere where she does not spread the Gospel.  She is so excited about her belief and salvation that she tells absolutely everyone she meets about it.  As a result, many who meet Lilac will be saved, and she will meet them in Heaven. 

But, whatever your belief system, please take today and set it aside as a special day to say thank you for your many blessings.  Say thank you for this beautiful world we live in.  Say thank you for all the beautiful creatures from the smallest insect to the largest mammals and the thousands of birds.  Say thank you for the ability to love and be loved. 

Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world....
God Bless you on this Day of Prayer.

Peace, Love and Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment