Saturday, July 7, 2012

Back In Town! Okaloosa That Is!

Yep, I am back on the Island again.  That beautiful, 2 1/2 mile treasure called Okaloosa Island on the Emerald Coast of Florida. 

Had a pleasant five and a half hour drive from Macon today in great weather and arrived to gorgeous weather here on the Island.  What a lovely evening we had  watching people play on the beach, frolic in the crystal green water and search for ghost crabs after dark.

There is just no other place like it in the world!  We had a lovely and delicious lunch at Mulhollows Bistro 215 in Fort Walton Beach on our arrival.  Their food is just superb and the atmosphere and service wonderful.  We just love to visit there often and will be back there again before we leave for Macon on Tuesday.

There is a peace that settles on me every time I come home to Okaloosa.  I hate having to leave and can hardly wait for the day when I can finally retire full time to this beautiful and peaceful haven.  But, for now I am going to enjoy my time here and soak up all the glorious sun, surf and sand that I can before returning to Georgia.  Ah Okaloosa, land of my dreams!


No comments:

Post a Comment