Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I just found out this morning that I may get to check a few more items off my "bucket list."

That incredible view in the picture is in Thailand. It looks like the first week in December I will be heading for that exotic location with Melanie, Charles and Jon.

I have been reading everything I need to know about travel to this exotic country.  There is a lot to see and a lot to learn between now and December.  There are also shots and medications which will have to be taken care of.

We are going to experience such things as riding elephants through the jungle and assisting with their care, and petting baby tigers!  Oh my.  I have been informed that we will be riding mountain bikes into the jungle ( I haven't been on a bicycle in a very long time, and never on a mountain bike) which means I am going to have to get some practice in before December.  In fact, I am planning on my own little "boot camp" experience to help whip myself (my 65-year-old self) into shape for this excursion.

I am at the same time, excited, nervous and overwhelmed.  This will certainly give me lots to write about and blog about.  Wow!  I just keep saying that.  I love to travel.  I love to experience new things.  I have always been a "risk taker."  All that being said, I am looking forward to this new adventure and all that it entails. 

Although I am currently trying to get over a nasty bout of what appears to be whooping cough, I will be starting tomorrow to prepare myself for my December trip.  That means diet, exercise and more exercise.  LOL!  By December I plan to be in the best shape I have been in in the last 20 years!

Hope you will enjoy sharing this adventure with me!

God Bless- Peace, Love and Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment