Thursday, November 15, 2012

Around The World In 18 Days!

In just 18 short days, Melanie and I are about to get on a plane and head to the Far East...halfway around the world! 

Neither of us have ever been there and with each passing day I get more excited about what we will see and do while we are visiting Shanghai, Bejing, in China and Bangkok, Koh Sumai and Phuket in Thailand!  What a bucket list of a trip this will be!  I am going to ride an elephant in Thailand for sure! 

All our arrangements have been made by my son, Charles.  We will be staying in some fabulous hotels/villas in some beautiful and exotic locations.  My husband just gave me a brand new Canon Rebel t3 camera so that I can hopefully take some amazing pictures to record this fabulous trip!

I look forward to experiencing the cultures of both countries as well as their food and scenery!  Everyone keeps telling me the shopping will be quite fabulous as well, so I expect I will be doing some of that too!  We will be gone for two weeks and arriving back home just in time to get ready for Christmas. 

I love travel, and am looking forward to adding these two countries to my list of already visited!  I hope those of you who read my blog regularly will enjoy the many things I plan to write and the pictures I plan to share!  I don't think I will run out of things to talk about for a very long time!

I will be reviewing the plane rides and the restaurants and tourist sites.  I hope to get a few really special pictures of people and places to share.  There is a "floating market" in Bangkok which I am looking forward to seeking.  Everything about this trip will be "new."

I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving this year!  We will be taking the girls and heading for the beach on Saturday.  We love to share Thanksgiving at Harbor Docks where the owner sponsors a donation dinner to benefit Habitat for Humanity and Second Harvest every year.  The servers are volunteers from all over the country, and the entire proceeds from the event go to the two Charities!  Last year they raised over $17,000 for these worthy charities!  What a great way to say thanks for the many blessings we have received this year.

I have prayers in my heart which will travel around the world with me for a friend whose husband is fighting cancer.  I will share these prayers with my "Chinese daughter" Lilac.  She is a sweet Christian young woman who lives in China and works with my son Charles.  I met her and have gotten really well acquainted with her on SKYPE!  We talk regularly and share things about our respective countries, and our shared belief!  It has been amazing!  We are both anxious to meet face to face and share hugs!

Well...I must sign off for now, but I promise to be back soon with some amazing pictures and information!

GOD BLESS - Peace, Love and Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment