Monday, September 12, 2011

Great Little Appetizers

The Holidays are right around the corner, and it is time to start planning for those occasions when you want to serve something a little special to your guests.

As I was watching Giada on TV this morning I saw her making one of my favorite little appetizers! I used to make these for weddings and other catering jobs, and they were always a great hit! The first time my hubby asked me what they were he said "yuk"...but one bite made a believer out of him!


Martha Stewart’s ROQUEFORT GRAPES

Ingredients:
1 10-oz. package almonds, pecans or walnuts
1 8-oz. package cream cheese
1/8 lb. Roquefort cheese
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 lb. seedless grapes, red or green (or both!), washed and dried

Directions:

1. Toast nuts in a 275° oven, then chop coarsely in a food processor or by hand. Spread on a platter.
2. Combine cream cheese, Roquefort and cream in a bowl, and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Drop clean, dry grapes into the cheese mixture and gently stir by hand to coat them. Then roll them in the toasted nuts and put on a tray lined with wax paper.
3. Chill until ready to serve.
I actually used to pile them in a shape like a cluster of grapes on a grape vine and surround them with grape leaves...they are absolutely beautiful this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment