Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Great Pumpkin!

As you can see from the lovely picture at the right, it is Autumn here in Utah!  Autumn is a lovely time of year most anywhere, but it seems to be particularly beautiful here in Utah.

I don't know about you, but come September I am overcome with the desire for Pumpkin Everything!  Pumpkin coffee, pumpkin spice tea, pumpkin creamer for my coffee, pumpkin egg nog (oooohhh it tastes just like pureed pumpkin pie with whipped cream - to die for!!!), pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin casserole, pumpkin pie, and just anything I can find that has that pumpkinny/cinnamony thingy going on!

I know, those aren't words, but I can't think of a better way to describe that crazy craving that occurs this time of year.  Apparently I am not the only one with this problem, however, because I am having great fun finding lots of pumpkinny stuff to drool over this year!  My obsession with pumpkins and pumpkin flavored items extends to finding the greatest looking pumpkins/gourds, etc. to place in the house too!  I love those little tiny ones and the funny looking bumpy gourds as well as the perfectly shaped old-fashioned ones that make great Jack-O-Lanterns.  My hubby loves to watch the Charlie Brown Special "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." 

It is glorious fun to take the kids to pick out their own pumpkins for carving, and it is a great way to make family memories.  This year Melanie took the girls to a place in Syracuse, Utah, that had the biggest pumpkin field EVER!  I'm going to have to check it out next Fall!  As you can see, I am totally obsessed with the whole pumpkin thing.

I have a recipe I start making this time of year - Pumpkin Casserole!  Now, if you like pumpkin pie at all you are going to LOVE this recipe!  So here it is for all you Great Pumpkin Fans!


PUMPKIN CASSEROLE
(by the way it is great hot or cold)

Original recipe makes 10 - 12 servings 

Directions HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL!!

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla, melted butter and ground cinnamon to taste. Spoon into a casserole dish.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
  4.  

No comments:

Post a Comment