Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I love the smell of Summer rain, that smell of fresh earth and grass filling my nose with its sweet scent.  The scent of that rain takes me back to my childhood when we would run barefoot in the grass letting the rain soak our hair and our clothes as we ran joyously through the cooling liquid.

I wish that I could experience that type of childish joy again. I think that as we get older, we tend to forget that we all should try to keep that inner child alive.  We get so focused on working and raising children and living life every day that we forget what it is to abandon reason and just play.

Lately I have realized that I have been putting "play" on the back burner.  So much has happened in the last year, that I have lost my inner child.  I need to find her again.  And, you know something?  I'll bet dimes to dollars that you could stand to do that too.

If you need a little inspiration, just watch young children as they play.  Watch the joy they can get hunting for lightning bugs, playing in the sand, or just stomping in mud!  We adults are just entirely too serious most of the time.  We need to reach deep inside and find that inner child.  We need to play.  We need to laugh and experience that kind of joy that only real play can afford.

It doesn't cost anything.  It refreshes the spirit and the soul.  It produces those endorphins we read about.  So, what do you say?  Let's take our Oreo's apart and eat the middles first. Let's run in the rain and not worry about what anyone will say.  Let's smell that lovely fragrance of childhood again.


PEACE, LOVE & JOY


1 comment:

  1. It's always better to dance in the rain with a friend!

    ReplyDelete